PRELUDE TO REBELLION: Mobilization & Unrest in Lower Canada
This is not a wargame: the game ends when the fighting begins! Actually, both sides need to prepare for a war which might in fact never break out. The 'Rebellious spirit' track measures how close things are to get out of hand. The higher it gets, the more ugly and violent the conflict becomes. Just like in real life, the Patriotes might run out of time as some hot-headed leaders plunge the colony into a direct confrontation with the British army. People are fed up and the clock is ticking: if results don't start showing up, Lower Canadians might be tempted to take up arms, seeing how successful their Southern neighbors were 50 years before! You've simulated more than your share of war. Now, play out what leads to it!
* Complexity: Low (3 out of 10)
* Solitaire suitability: Medium (4 out of 10)
* Number of Players: 2
* Playing Time: 3 hours
* Designer: Marco Poutre
* Developer: Curtis Kitchens
* Artist: Marc Rodrigue
* 1 22x34-inch mounted game board;
* 2 double-sided player aids;
* 3 green dice to be used by the Patriote player and 3 red dice to be used by the Loyal player;
* 4 custom scoring dice;
* 150 green mobilization cubes to be used by the Patriote player;
* 125 red mobilization cubes to be used by the Loyal player;
* 147 cards divided as such: 8 'Key event' cards, 24 cards forming the 1834 deck, 24 cards forming the 1835-36 deck, 39 cards forming the 1837 deck, and 52 cards forming the generic deck.
NEW-box, available late August 2018 ......$109.00
Add to Cart
Updated as of 12/07/2023ABBREVIATIONS: dj-dust jacket, biblio-bibliography, b/w-black and white, illust-illustrations, b/c-book club addition.
rct - recent arrival or pending publication, spc - OMM Special Price