NIGHTFIGTHER ACE: Solitaire Air Defense Over Germany
A solitaire, tactical level game -- based on the popular, action-packed Hunters game system -- places you in command of a German Nightfighter during World War II. Each turn consists of several days, during which a combat mission will be flown from one of many bases in Europe, attempting to intercept incoming British Bombers and increase your prestige, earn skills, and rise in rank through promotion and awards.
The objective of the game is to conduct numerous sorties in the role of a German Nightfighter pilot and rack up kills. Pilots may use the experience gained to improve their odds of success by purchasing Major and Minor skills. As their prestige increases, they may request a transfer to other nightfighter bases in an attempt to get 'closer to the action' or request a newer type of nightfighter. Awards and ace status help to narrate the player's eventual goal - to become the top nightfighter ace of the war.
The system is packed with rich technical detail but without the complexity to capture the key historical facets of the night bombing campaign over Germany. In terms of nightfighters alone, there are 32 nightfighter models available to pilot. The families of nightfighters include: Bf110 (10 aircraft), Ju88 (5 aircraft), Do 215/217 (6 aircraft), He219 (10 aircraft), and Ta154 (1 aircraft).
For each nightfighter, you will be tracking the date of availability, speed, area of operations based on originating base, individual weapon systems, electronic systems, damage, and crew status.
* Complexity: 6 out of 10
* Solitaire Suitability: 10 out of 10
* Time Scale: 3-4 days per Turn
* Map Scale: Abstract
* Unit Scale: individual aircraft, individual weapon systems, individual electronic systems, specific crew members, and ammo rounds
* Players: one (with option for two or more)
* Playing Time: two to three hours
* One Countersheet of 9/16-inch unit-counters
* Sixteen Aircraft Display Mats 8.5 x11-inch (double-sided, 32 total)
* Four Player Aid Cards 8.5x11-inch
* One Combat Display Mat 8.5x11-inch
* One Bomber Target Mat 8.5x11-inch
* One Pilot Awards Display Mat 8.5x11-inch
* One Air Operations Display Mat 11x17-inch
* Forty Ace Pilot Cards
* Sixty Combat Cards
* Rules Booklet featuring extensive Historical Background
* One Logsheet 8.5x11-inch
* Two 6-sided and one 10-sided die
Playing time: Scenarios of 2+ hours, up to the campaign game of 20 hours.
Add to Cart
Updated as of 9/21/2023ABBREVIATIONS: dj-dust jacket, biblio-bibliography, b/w-black and white, illust-illustrations, b/c-book club addition.
rct - recent arrival or pending publication, spc - OMM Special Price