A DISTANT PLAIN: Insurgency in Afghanistan
A Distant Plain features the same accessible game system as GMT's recent Andean Abyss and upcoming Cuba Libre but with new factions, capabilities, events, and objectives. For the first time in the Series, two counterinsurgent (COIN) factions must reconcile competing visions for Afghanistan in order to coordinate a campaign against a dangerous twin insurgency.
* Coalition-Government joint operations.
* Volatile Pakistani posture toward the conflict.
* Evolution of both COIN and insurgent tactics and technology.
* Government graft and desertion.
* Coalition casualties.
* Returning Afghan refugees.
* Pashtun ethnic terrain.
* Multiple scenarios.
* A deck of 72 fresh events.
Flow charts run the three Afghan factions, so that any number of players-from solitaire to four-can experience the internecine brawl that is today's Afghanistan.
NEW-box ......$52.00 gam
Add to Cart
Updated as of 12/07/2023ABBREVIATIONS: dj-dust jacket, biblio-bibliography, b/w-black and white, illust-illustrations, b/c-book club addition.
rct - recent arrival or pending publication, spc - OMM Special Price